A few hundred meters from the international route Eurovelo 5 or Via Romea Francigena, the Grande Allée d'Ostin, leading to Ostin Castle, has always been home to prominent passengers from centuries and from Europe.
Bernard of Clairvaux stayed in Ostin in 1147, organizing the 2nd crusade, having created the abbey of Villers-la-Ville the year before.
The monks of this abbey, were owners of the agricultural domain until 1548.
Marshal Villeroy at the head of the armies of Louis XIV was defeated by the King of England William III, himself at the maneuver from his headquarters Ostin.
The Italian stuccoers Moretti, the Dutch landscape gardener J. D. Zocher, the agronomist Mertens marke the place.
The Resistance worked from Ostin. Count Capelle, private secretary of Leopold III, installed in Ostin the headquarters of the A.S. Zone IV. Arrested by the Gestapo, no one of these shadow heroes returned from the galleys.
Today, in the footsteps of the pilgrims of the Middle Ages, artists, musicians, poets ... of great renown, such as André Schmitz, Arthur Haulot, George Sion, Hugues Boucher, looked for inspiration.
Today, the castle tries to resuscitate thanks to the musical educational institution which undertook ta new original reassignment and a patient and enlightened restoration. For 34 years, every summer, the Château d'Ostin has been welcoming children of all musical levels and all countries for the "Musical Holidays" and its "Ostinato" Method.