Queen's Park Govanhill Church

170 Queen's Drive, Glasgow, G41 8BQ
Show on the map
18 September 2021

18 September 2021 (10-4) Glasgow Doors Open Days Festival Originally a Free
church of Scotland now a congregation of the Church of Scotland, the building
has recently under gone major alterations the upper area now the Sanctuary.
The lower area a community hall the stencil on the north wall is of a design
of Daniel Cottier The stain glass window is also a Cottier design in the
vestibule are 2 stain glass windows in memory of Miss Jane Haining, a member
of the church in the 1930s she went to Budapest where she was a matron to
boarders in the Vorosmarty school, a Jewish Mission School because of her
protection and care of the girls she was arrested by the Gestapo in April 1944
eventually taken to Auschwitz where she died April 17th 1944. The windows were
dedicated in June 1948. During the pandemic, many of our activities have been
curtailed but using Zoom, YouTube and phone we have continued to have Sunday
services, Prayer meetings, bible study and daily bible readings, our food bank
and club 170 which gives food and fellowship to those in need have continued n
a restricted manner. Booking not required! Facilities Disabled Access
Architect: John Thomson; John Nicolson Building Date: 1873-5;

170 Queen's Drive, Glasgow, G41 8BQ

55.8348959, -4.269596