"Maurice Bonnet, the painter and the mountain"
Located at the Hermitage, this museum, inaugurated in 2013, is an interpretation centre of the site of Calvary of Megève, built between 1840 and 1878 by Father Ambroise Martin (1791-1863), parish priest of Megève from 1820 until his death. Composed of 15 chapels and oratories retracing the Passion of Christ, the Calvary of Megève is inscribed in the Additional Inventory of Historical Monuments since 1988 and is included in the European Inventory of Sacred Mountains. Major restoration work, carried out between 2001 and 2011, restored the entire site to its original appearance. The museum space retraces the history of the site’s restorations and offers a virtual tour of the chapels. The graphic room presents a temporary artistic exhibition.
Address
Chemin du Calvaire Megève, Haute-Savoie, Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes, France